Saturday 4 May 2013

Rock Climbing






Well, we certainly saved the best for last at the Grampians! We spent Wednesday and Thursday on more bush walks to some awsome views such as the top photo, and also enjoying the camp grounds with a spot of tennis, swimming and bike riding -im exhausted! Then Friday morning we had an early start needing to pack up the van and be at the climbing centre by 830am. I must admit i was a bit freaked out when i saw the rock wall we'd be climbing and abseiling on, both for myself and the boys! In true form though the boys were pumped with excitement and took to it like a duck to water! Andy and I were so proud of them. I was also proud of myself as i have a healthy fear of heights and stepping over the edge of that wall took my breath away.. but i did it! Our instructor Kelly was fantastic though and we felt very confident and safe in her hands. It was very fresh on top of that rock so we had a warm bakery lunch when we got back to Halls Gap (cute little town) then headed off to Naracoorte -but not before a stop at Horsham at their awsome bmx dirt track and skate park! Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment